Alio provides a website: aliomedical.flywheelstaging.com (“the Website”). This Privacy Statement applies to the Website owned and operated by Alio, Inc. (“Alio”). The Website allows our customers to view product information, health-related information, communicate with our staff, arrange for support services, and access additional services.
This Privacy Statement describes how Alio collects and uses any personal information you provide, and other information that is collected from your use of the Website. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
- The Website has security measures in place that are intended to help protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access to or alteration of information under our control both during transmission and once the information is received. These measures include encryption of data using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) system, and using a secured messaging service when we send your personal information electronically to the Website.
- Despite these measures, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from us via the Website.
- At your discretion, you may contact us at the mailing address or telephone number listed in the “Questions, complaints, and contacts” section.
3. Collecting, using, and disclosing personal information
Our policies, sources, uses and disclosures of information are outlined in the sections below:
- Information Collection Use. We may collect the following personal information from you: contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- We use and disclose this information to: send you requested information; respond to customer service requests; administer your account; respond to your questions and concerns; conduct internal quality improvement or business analysis
- Web logs. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. We maintain standard web logs that record data about all visitors and customers who use the Website and we store this information for no longer than reasonably useful to carry out its legitimate business purpose, or as legally required. These logs may contain the Internet domain from which you access the site (such as google.com, abc.org, etc.); the IP address that is automatically assigned to your computer when you get on the Internet (a static IP address may be identifiable as being connected to you, while a dynamic address is usually not identifiable); the type of browser and operating system you use; the date and time you visited; the pages you viewed; and the address of the website you linked from, if any. If you sign on to the Website to use secured features, our web logs will also contain an individual identifier and show the services you have accessed. All web logs are stored securely and may be accessed only by Alio employees or designees on a need-to-know basis for a specific purpose. Alio uses web log information to help us design our Website, to identify popular features, to resolve user, hardware, and software problems, to make the Website more useful to visitors and for security purposes.
- Internet cookies. We and our affiliates may place Internet “cookies” or similar technologies on the computer hard drives of visitors to the Website. Information we obtain helps us to tailor our site to be more helpful and efficient for our visitors. The cookie consists of a unique identifier that does not contain information about anyone’s health history. Along with other, similar technologies, we use two types of cookies: “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. A session cookie is temporary and expires after you end a session and close your web or app browser. We use session cookies to help customize your experience on our site, maintain your signed-on status as you navigate through our features, and to track your “click path” through our Web pages. Persistent cookies remain on your hard drive after you’ve exited from our Website, and we use them for several reasons. We sometimes use this type of persistent cookie with a “web beacon” (see below). You may have software on your computer that will allow you to decline or deactivate Internet cookies, but if you do so, some features of the Website may not work properly for you. For instructions on how to remove cookies from your hard drive, go to your browser’s website for detailed instructions. In addition, further information regarding cookies may be available on other websites or from your Internet service provider. Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer browsers are commonly used browsers.
- Website visitor data. In addition to web logs, Alio routinely gathers data on Website activity, such as how many people visit the site, the web pages they visit, where they come from, how long they stay, etc. The data are collected on an aggregate basis, which means that no personally identifiable information is associated with the data. These data help us improve our content and overall usage. The information is not shared with other organizations for their independent use. The Website does not honor a browser’s signal or header request not to track the user’s activity.
- Email. Alio uses a third-party vendor to help us manage some of our email communications with you. While we do supply these vendors with email addresses of those we wish them to contact, your email address or mobile telephone number is never used for any purpose other than to communicate with you on our behalf. When you click on a link in an email, you may temporarily be redirected through one of the vendor’s servers (although this process will be invisible to you) which will register that you’ve clicked on that link, and have visited our Website. Alio never shares any information, other than your email address, with our third-party email vendors, which may share this information with their authorized subcontractors only. Use of user information by such authorized subcontractors is limited to the same extent that use by our third-party email and text messaging vendors is limited. Even if you have given us permission to send emails to you, you may revoke that permission at any time by following the “unsubscribe” information at the bottom of the email.
- Evaluation and quality improvement. We may periodically ask users to complete surveys asking about their experiences with features of the Website. Our surveys ask visitors for demographic information such as age, gender, and education, but will not request that users provide specific information about any medical condition. We use survey information for evaluation and quality improvement purposes, including helping Alio to improve information and services offered through our Website. In addition, users giving feedback may be individually contacted for follow-up with regard to concerns raised during the course of such evaluation. Demographic information and web log data may be stored for future evaluation and quality improvement activities.
- Messages and transactions. Comments or questions sent to us using email or secure messaging forms will be shared with Alio staff who are most able to address your concerns. We will archive your messages once we have made our best effort to provide you with a complete and satisfactory response.
- Data integrity and correction. Requests to view and correct personal information from the Website may be submitted using the contact information in the “Questions, complaints, and contacts” section below. If your personal information changes, or to update or request deletion of information collected on our Website, or if you believe a third party has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be edited or removed from our database, please use the contact information in the “Questions, complaints, and contacts” section below.
- Disclosures. We may disclose personal information to any person performing audit, legal, operational, or other services for us. We will use information that does not identify the individual for these activities whenever reasonably possible. Information disclosed to vendors or contractors for operational purposes may not be re-disclosed to others except as permitted under applicable law.
- Data retention. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
- Questions, complaints, and contacts. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, our policies and practices concerning the Website, your rights under this statement, or your dealings with the Alio Website, you can contact Alio by telephone at 855-979-1600 (toll free), by sending an e-mail message to the Alio Web manager firstname.lastname@example.org, or by U.S. mail at the address below:
10901 W. 120th Ave, Suite 380
Broomfield, CO 80021 USA
4. Disclosures of your personal information
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Service or Website users is among the assets transferred, and you agree to and do hereby consent to our assignment or transfer of rights to your personal information.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Last revised: March 23, 2023.
Date of last previous version: June 28, 2022.